Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Corolla
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Gen 2 wagon (87 in particular) have just one windshield washer resivoir for both the front and rear windshield? Also does the windshield washer switch activate both the front and rear washer motors? I ask, because I found out tonight that both set of jets run when I use my windshield washer switch on the the windshield wiper switch on the steering column. Since my front jets work and my rear jets don't, I was wondering if there were two resivoirs. I did a quick once over in the "trunk" area and wasn't able to locate anything that would clue me into a resivoir location. I would think it to be QUITE odd and a bit inefficient for there not to be a rear resivoir, but if there isn't, I guess I need to start checking out why the rear jets aren't spraying.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!

·
Registered
87 Camry Wgn 232k
475 Posts
87 Camry Wagon, Windshield Washer

curtisz said:
Does the Gen 2 wagon (87 in particular) have just one windshield washer resivoir for both the front and rear windshield? Also does the windshield washer switch activate both the front and rear washer motors? I ask, because I found out tonight that both set of jets run when I use my windshield washer switch on the the windshield wiper switch on the steering column. Since my front jets work and my rear jets don't, I was wondering if there were two resivoirs. I did a quick once over in the "trunk" area and wasn't able to locate anything that would clue me into a resivoir location. I would think it to be QUITE odd and a bit inefficient for there not to be a rear resivoir, but if there isn't, I guess I need to start checking out why the rear jets aren't spraying.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!
Yes, the 87 Gen 2 wagon has only one washer resivoir for both the front and rear.

No, the windshield washer switch on the steering column only activates the front washer motor. To the right of the steering wheel, down low on the dash, is a rocker switch that operates the rear window washer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts