Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Cressida
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help a brotha out...pls...
I got a 1987 Cressida...was auto but jus recently swapd a 5speed in my baby.thats wer d problem starts...well only one or two problem...cant start it..

tranny i believe is R154,jus switched the bell housing...everything s good then i measured the drive shaft n i dunno wer to go from there...i dunno f theres a way i can find another shaft from other supras or jus get a one piece drive shaft but damn thts expensive..haha..tryin not to go tht route thts y.
ok so everything s on,jus not the driveshft..so I tried starting the car..didnt start..not aware of any wire im suppose to connect,thought it should start rite up,but it didnt=(...

so if any one can help me out that'll be great havent been goin to work cuz i got no ride...i need to get it runnin real soon...thanks in advance for who ever can help me out...

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts

Seriously there's this remarkable invention called a SEARCH button. you might want to check it out. As for what trans it is, did you get it out of a turbo or non-turbo supra?

Summary of what it will find you:
starting: you need to run the neutral start switch wiring from the trans to the pedal or bypass it.
Driveshaft: you should have gotten the driveshaft along with the transmission, then you wouldn't have had this problem. 1pc in a X73 BLOWS because you have to either lift the engine or drop the rear cradle to get it in and out.

·
Registered
1987 Cressida
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry bout that im new here...im not yet familiar wit TN forums...im pretty much exploring it rite now..wel anywayss...

ok..so the neutral switch is connected on d trans rite? which is on d driver side...so wat i do s connect that wire to the pedal?
how do you by pass that f i wanted to?which one s easier n which one would u prefer?
how bout the reverse lite wire?wer do i locate that?
thanks!!!

·
Registered
1987 Cressida
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tranny s NA,my bad forgot to include that...

·
Registered
1987 Cressida
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone extend this information for me....thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts