Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so basically my charge battery light and E-brake (dont have one) light came on yesterday so my brother took out the alternator and had it checked at the shop. It passed the test and when he put it back in both lights turned off. I started it up and took off and a block away the lights came back on. Then my truck started squealing like the bearing was out in the alternator and when i got home and tried to start it again it wouldnt turn over. it only clicks a second and stops. All of my lights still work in the truck so what is my problem? Thanks

spencer

·
Registered
536 Posts
Check your battery voltage. should be in the 13 volt range. If it is lower, pop the vent covers and put the charger on it. Try to rotate the engine by hand with the crank pulley bolt. Watch the belts and the alt pulley and make sure everything moves.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
The CHARGE and BRAKE lights at the same time indicate an alternator problem (usually brushes). The squealing could also be from the alternator. The truck not starting could also be the alternator.

You see a trend here ?

The lights don't need anywhere near the current to light as the starter needs to start.

You see a trend here ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts