Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My buddy was bitching about his 87 bumper being a wreck and I so happen to have an extra 92 bumper laying around so.... :D

Here is how it arrived

No lenses

Here is how it left. :smokin:

We will mount the fog lights later.

I also had to give him crap cause those 38's didnt make him any taller than me. :lol:

·
Registered
1990 toyota pickup
47 Posts
thats an awesome dog box in the back of that 87 in the first pic. was it custom made?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thats an awesome dog box in the back of that 87 in the first pic. was it custom made?
yes it was, it started life as a cab high

Its two sections, drivers and passengers, with a shelf up near the cab. There is also a cabinet (about 2 foot deep) for collars in the back.

We are planning to make a single box towards the front (making it 3 chambers) behind the cab this fall. But for the time being I carry the smaller box for the pups and females.

I can take more pics if you'd like.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its funny how yo uguys like it better without a valence?
I prefer the valence until I leave it in a hole or all twisted up on my radiator and tires.

Its just safer with out it.

I should install one with quick release pins, so I can throw it in the back when I go off road.

·
Registered
Toyota Pickup
198 Posts
Yeah I see since mine is really not intended for the same use (Road use strictly) I would understand that the valence is a piece of shit as when I run into snow banks drifting the valence does get king of ugly :)

·
1993 Pickup
1993 Pickup
99 Posts
I prefer the valence until I leave it in a hole or all twisted up on my radiator and tires.

Its just safer with out it.

I should install one with quick release pins, so I can throw it in the back when I go off road.

That's a pretty good idea. i'd like to see it

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I see since mine is really not intended for the same use (Road use strictly) I would understand that the valence is a piece of shit as when I run into snow banks drifting the valence does get king of ugly :)
Yeah after my third one and taking the time to cut out holes for the fog lights and tow hooks I gave up on them.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More fun with my buddys 87, I decided not to use the extra bed I bought (he talked me out of it LoL) so we put it on his truck today.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
140 on craigslist with no tails and no gas door lock.

It had some wear on the inside of the bed and a few dents.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts