Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
rollin psyco
88 toy pickup
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i know this is probably a newb question but i wouldn't be asking it if i wasn't pissed about it... but on my truck i just replaced the fuel filter and on the filter it say's "in" on one side, to me it makes sense that the in comes from the gas tank right? but putting it on right puts the fuel line that leads to the fuel rail jammed up against the oil filter. it doesn't seem like i can adjust the line locker, and where it bolts won't really move to clear it either. any help would be cool

·
Registered
380 Posts
the in, is at the front of the truck, its come in, curl under the filter then into . you might have it on backward but I dont see how it possible to , do wrong

·
rollin psyco
88 toy pickup
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
easy to put on backwards since the only difference front and back... is one end says "in" the other says nothing, the line locks are angled differen't but other then that the same. i figured the end that says in would be in from the gas tank as in the "in" line but is that wrong?? any one else know for sure?

·
Registered
91 4x4 extracab
608 Posts
fuel filter

i have a 91 22re and if you bolt it in the only way it will go you cant put the lines on wrong. when it bolts to the block the lines will only fit one way.the only pain is making sure the copper washers are in place on the banjo fittings.

·
rollin psyco
88 toy pickup
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got the in coming from the tank but the out holds the line at an angle that jams into the oil filter, i've got it bolted right, the banjo's washers were no problem. just that line.

·
Registered
2008 Corolla
114 Posts
Have you checked this filter against the old one to make sure they are the same dimensions? Maybe you got a wrong filter?!?

·
rollin psyco
88 toy pickup
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
same exact shape and size, but who ever did it before had the in going to the fuel rail. not sure if that was hurting it at all, but there was a fairly noticable jump in throttle response when i swapped

·
Registered
88 toyota p-up
721 Posts
Well the first reccomendation i have to you is to remount the fuel filter in a better place. I mounted mine to the inner fender, much easier to get to the next time i have to do it. It's like the entire engine was designed and then they realized they needed to put the fuel filter somewhere :headbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts