Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Im having window issues.....and its a pain in the ass considering its raining. My rear driver side window is stuck. I rolled it down and now it wont roll back up. What usually causes this? If the window motor is broken is there any way to get that window back up and if so how the hell do i get at it? Also how do i get the trim panels surrounding the rear windows and the back of the convertable top on. They screw on the from inside and there are interals blocking where i need to put the screw driver. This simple problems to you guys are mind boggling to me ahhaha. Any help would be appreciated I dont want my speakers to get destroyed and the interior dosnt need to get any worse:confused::confused::confused::confused: Plz help

·
Awesome ends with me.
!990 Celica GT
88 Posts
Suggestion For A Rainy Day.

Hey dude, I suggest you go to Celispeed.com. There are guys there who, I believe, may be abe to help you. Don't forget to tell them that I sent you.

http://www.celispeed.com/

·
Registered
421 Posts
Either your power window motor has crapped out or it's just the switch contacts. You'll have to take off the interior panels to access both, so try flicking the switch back and forth and to see if it's just dirty contacts.

More info from www.alltrac.net:
___Scott___ said:
There is a soft copper rocker arm inside the switch that bends over time. You just need to take the switch apart and bend it back.
Rick89GTS said:
After the interior door is off, unplug the wiring to the power window motor. It'll be a 2-pronged plug. Now take 2 leads from a 12V battery and run them to the two prongs (deosn't matter which side to which). The window should go up or down. If it does, you know the motor's ok and it's most likely the switch or wiring.

Rick89GTS said:
From my '88 BGB, enjoy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts