Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88' 4 dr fwd corolla.

where exactly is the fuel filter located at? i'm needing to change it here in the next couple of days.

also, is this as easy as most people say?

thanks in advance.

·
Rotary Engine Enthusiast
93 Camry Wagon
96 Posts
Also, if it is EFI; there is a fuel filter on the fuel pump in the pickup tank itself.

·
Operation Front Bumper
330 Posts
if its an EFI, the fuel filter is located on the driver side of the car at the fire wall.. you have to remove you're intake filter box and fuel purge canister to have a visible sight of it.

to remove it you need a 14mm wrench and a 17mm wrench but if you want to make life easier for the 17mm wrench you can subsititute for a special type of wrench.. i can't remember what its called but its like a wrench head but it has a rachet adaptor
a claw wrench?? i dunno what its called but it iwill make kyour life so much easier.

note: if you remove the tire and remove the buttom of the fuel filter from the hole where the steering rack pokes out.. it'll be easiER!

not easy.. easiER

the bottom is a bitch.. SO GOOD LUCK! haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
so remove the front drivers wheel and it'll be easier?

or should i stop, take my filter that i bought and take it to a shop for them to do it? right now the car seems to be doing pretty bad. loosing power as i drive it, and if sitting in idle after i start it up, it'll die after a little over a min.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i finally got around to changing my fuel filter this morning. took off the whell and everything, started to look around.

messing around, still looking, and there it was, in the middle of the engine against the firewall. about 8-10 inches down from the windshield. sitting on a holster type thing. took me bout 2 mins to pry the two hoses off and put them on the new one.

now you know where its at :)

thanks for the suggestion btw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts