1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
CressidaSupra86
1988 Toyota Cressida
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
88 mx83 cressida auto
Tranny is a A340E w/Lock up o/d

Hey if anyone can help me out... i beleive my lock up solenoid is messed up so i bought a new one... there is 3 solenoids on the valve body... 2 on the drivers side and one facing the bell housing. the tranny shifts hard and sometimes it doesnt but it has gotten way worse.... ih ave replaced tps switch and my gas millage got 50% worse so i put the old on in and that wasnt the tranny issue. i have cleaned the maf sensor. its working ok i would think. i replaced the temp sensor..since i heard that has something to do with 3rd gear so thats replaced... my o/d light blinks and when i hit the brakes it feels as if lock-up is not dis engaging fast enough so its does not stop as fast as i want it too...but when it decides to work fine i can stop on a dime...i just need to know which solenoid would control lock-up or o/d i took one solenoid out and it says "1H" on the back... some help would be awesome since i need the car very soon. i appreciate it if anyone can help me out.

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts
why don't you ask the computer what it thinks is the problem? the blinking OD light is it saying that it recognizes one.

FYI you won't have a failed solenoid cause the trans to stay in gear or locked up, failed parts will result in LACK of things happening.

I'm also sending you a link o the supra TSRM via PM so you can do some proper troubleshooting instead of throwing random parts at it, wasting money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts