Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
20v 4dr AE92
58 Posts
I also had the same problem, what I did to fix it was set the throttle cable to a lower RPM and it stopped doing to for some reason, cant explain what happened but it worked :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
http://www.misterfixit.com/diesling.htm

What is happening is that the throttle is remaining partially open when the engine is shut down, which gives the hot engine sufficient fuel to run without a spark from the spark plugs. Most hot engines have sufficient carbon build-up that remains glowing red hot and acts as an igniter for the fuel. The solution is to make sure that the throttle closes completely when you turn off the ignition switch. Check the throttle stop and make sure that the fast idle on the choke or the "bottom stop" isn't what is stopping the throttle from closing.

·
Pow! Right in the Kisser!
476 Posts
No idea how to do all that, i have the same problem but what seems to stop it is making sure you kick the choke out everytime you start up the car after it warms up. If it does happen though turn the key back to start and it will automatically turn over. Just kick the choke out again and it will shut off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts