Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 88 sr5 to use for Ice Racing. I am having a hard time finding much info on this car.

I have found out the basic stuff now but I cant seem to find any after market stuff like cam's or carbs.

If any one has any info on mods or any tuning to helpout with power let me know.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
68 Posts
what motor is in it if its a 22r/e then try lcengineering.com or club4age.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From reading things.

It is 1.6L 16 valve, DOHC @90hp

That is all I know. I dont know the motor name.

·
Registered
68 Posts
yeah dual side drafts would be good buti would suggest atleast a mild cam and some sort of ignition to

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
The 88 4A-F should have the 4A-F engine. The F variant of the engine doesn't have too much aftermarket support in terms of cams and the like. Sidedrafts are a good start. Flashmn on this board has had success with that sort of setup.

·
Registered
68 Posts
also one thing to keep in mind is it is a bitch to properly synch. those duals if you do not have the proper tools

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4Aaron GE said:
The 88 4A-F should have the 4A-F engine. The F variant of the engine doesn't have too much aftermarket support in terms of cams and the like. Sidedrafts are a good start. Flashmn on this board has had success with that sort of setup.
After a little more reading and searching I was able to find out it should be a 4AF motor.

Also what are sidedrafts? Where to find them? This is the frist carbed motor I will be working on for racing.

What about timing is there a desierd deg for best proformance?
Or adustmence on the stock carb?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
98RACE said:
After a little more reading and searching I was able to find out it should be a 4AF motor.

Also what are sidedrafts? Where to find them? This is the frist carbed motor I will be working on for racing.

What about timing is there a desierd deg for best proformance?
Or adustmence on the stock carb?
Yowza, I should really proofread my posts....

anyways, sidedrafts, I think just refer to the way the air enters the carb. What you have stock with the ring filter is a downdraft, since the air goes down into the carb. A sidedraft is similar to what you might find on a speedbike, where the air goes through from the side of the carb, and across into your intake ports.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts