Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Toyota User
04 Camry LE, 08 Scion XB
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've read anything I've posted, it's nothing but headaches with my car, but things are looking better.

ANYWAY, the car will fire up every time on the first try... for 1/2 second, then it dies. I then have to turn the key, with no turnover for a few minutes, but it will eventually start and runs great. If the car is warmed up, it starts easily. I thought the problem was the extremely low temps, but the other day was like 50 and it did the same crap.

When I get it to go, I always have to rev it up as well for a sec, or it will just crap out again. Does this sound symptomatic of anything in particular? Pros, let me know what you think. This car is getting nothing else major done to it unless it's a sure bet, because my patience is long gone.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
u got an alltrac and you wanna sell it ? :( i don't know anything about the problem though

·
Grenaded piston
6,602 Posts
I'd start by checking the cold start injector timing switch and cold start injector.

·
Toyota User
04 Camry LE, 08 Scion XB
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a plan. Fuel filter's brand new, so I hope that's not a problem. It could be something clogged, but why does it only give me problems on starting that first time? Wouldn't it stand to reason that it would do that after shutting it down for a few minutes, then igniting it again?

I didn't buy this car wanting to sell it. I wanted to love it. I wanted it to love me. But I have poured so much time, effort, and money into it and it's still what it is: A rusty 1988 Camry that rules in the snow.

I wish the All Trac had more years to pick from. If I could have had a 97+ All trac... I'd never need another car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts