Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was at a donation lot today . . . I found a white corolla, 5 speed, 4wd, and its a gts!

Its got a pretty strait body, with a little bit of rust... but its not bad! and the price is about 300 dollars, but the guy who donated it still owed 3 grand, so we gotta work out the lean, but I may get this thing for very cheap!

So Im totally new to these forums and to the toyota scene in general, and I had some questions about this model. . .

its 1.6 liters and its a performance model, so Im assuming it has a turbo, right? what kind of power do these cars make, what are some good and bad features, and where can you buy a replacement turbo? and when do you need to?

thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
GT-S Corolla coupe, right? The Corolla GT-S has a 1.6L DOHC (engine type 4A-GE) engine. I thnk that it is rated at about 110-120 horespower. It does not have a turbo, and I have never heard of a Corolla GT-S with 4WD. Toyota did make an All-Trac version of the Corolla but never in GT-S trim, and they were all either sedans or wagons (mostly wagons). I think Toyota made a GT-S All-Trac Celica, but never a Corolla. Sounds like a neat car anyway, and if you can get it for $300 and it runs decent, go for it! Post a pic if you get the chance, and you will probably get more info here. Regards, Aaron

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Dude, don't expect an answer so fast.. specially at 3am.. everyone is out drinking or at home sleeping. :D

If its an 89 GTS, then its not AWD its FWD. you might be able to buy it for $300 but then you might have to pay the rest of the lean. :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, with the lean I might end up paying 1000 or more. . . but I dunno. I swear it said it had all wheel drive! . . . I dont know if Im gonna get it or not anymore though, my buddy at work went all killjoy on me like he always does. I think Im gonna stick to my first love: the five oh!!! Hes been around the block a few times when it comes to cars and I really respect what he has to say- he tells me that a toyota will me more difficult and more expensive to work on then a fox body mustang, which I agree with and have seen for myself...

I appreciate your help though guys! thanks for the info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts