Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The EFI main fuse under the hood keeps blowing on my '89 Xcab I have chased the wirer on the right side on the tuck and found no chaffs in them. From the manual the only thing I could find that I though could draw more than 15 amps was the fuel pump, so I just replaced that and I have the same issue. I can get about 1/4 mile and it pops. Any Ideas on where to go next? This fuse seems to provide power to every sensor and injector. Anyone had this happen? Ideas? I would hate to have to start throwing sensors at it. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Check the oxygen sensor wire harness at the front exhaust manifold and pipe.

Sidney® ™
Repairs tv's,vcr's,home/car audio out of my home
E-mail:[email protected]
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
1985 Toyota 4-Runner,solid front straight axle,factory cruise control,sunroof,22R-E,W56,RN60LV-MSEK,with 252 000 KM

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Agreed, check the O2 wires. I've seen this problem several times and that's always been the culprit.

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
If the O2 sensor harness turns out not to be the problem, Another spot to look is the harness that goes through under the intake plenum. It is not uncommon to find them rubbed through on the fuel rail. Depending on what wires actually end up shorted you can end up with many different problems, one of which is a blown EFI fuse.

·
Banned
443 Posts
My 93 Astro pops the ECM fuse if you fill the tank past 3/4 full then hit a hard bump.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Gents,

Thanks for the help unpluged the O2 and the issue just went away. So I just replaced it with a new one and the problem is gone. The origional toyota equipment O2 had a metal edge at the top that chaffed the wires. Seeing the OEM sensor was taller, every once and awhile it rubbed the wires on heat sheild which then caused the wires to touch this sharp edge. This saved me alot hunting. :clap::):whatwhat:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts