Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby(Truck) was hesitating on acceleration, troubleshooting guide said it may be a bad fuel filter. Changed that and it cleared up quite a bit but still a little sluggish at times. Lived with it for a week then it just died. Battery tests good but I get nothing - No Lights, Nothing. It's like the battery is dead but it's not. I checked all the fuses - they are all good.

What can I do? Where else do I look? I don't know of any fusable links?

If any one can give me some direction I would be appreciative.

It's a 4cyl 22FE EFI 1989 Pickup Truck. Thanks in advance....

·
NY born, Texas raised
705 Posts
Have you checked the fuses under the hood by the battery? My '86 4runner has a '+' to the starter and a smaller wire to this fuse box. Make sure you have 12V in and out. 12V out of there should feed the inside fuse box.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
check your contacts to the battery. also there are some fuses in the cabin. and try switching out the battery for another. some times they test good but not good enough for the car. also to you sluggish get a bottel of injector cleaner and that should help a bit. try and find some sea foam and dump a whole can in dont pay attention to what they say to use more = more cleaning power.

·
Registered
26 Posts
well i had a simeler problem it was the main body ground by the battery it was broke it made the truck have no light or nothing tryed to hold it to the ground and when it wasnt getting good ground it was missing real bad

·
Sleeping While Awake
94 Posts
like 89 toy said, check your alternator, also, check the + and - cables, look for any corrosion on them and check the battery posts if they need to be cleaned.

·
Registered
1991 pickup 4wd
65 Posts
put some jumper cables on the battery and see if u can turn any lights on or the radio.. at least some kinda power if not then first thing i would do is put new terminals on it and wires.. there not that expensive.. its gotta be simple as far as getting power to it.. and you can get a haynes book at any auto store it has complete wiring diagrams and its kinda simple compared to most vehicles the electrical system

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.