Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been given an 89 Toyota small-cab pick-up, and it's got over 2 hundred thousand miles on it, but there are some minor problems. I don't know much about the truck, except it's a V6 and starts like a rocket.
I need a new windshiled glass, does anyone know where I could get it for a good price and how much expensive it should be? I've found a place where they could find the glass for me for about a hundred dollars, that sounds like a good deal, lemme me know what you'll think...
There are also a lot of rusts on the truck? Anyway know a way to cover it up or stop it from getting worst... also, I need to get an oil change, what kinda oil should I use? (I am sorry about these dumb little questions, this is my first truck...)
I also have anther question about the deck... there's no deck, except for this adaptor... and it doesn't even look adaptable to these hi-tech stereo's nowadays... any one know how I could get an adaptor for for this...
Thank you all...

Vue

·
Registered
20 Posts
look in your nearest yellow pages in the automotive section. any qualified stereo shop should be able to answer any questions for you about the radio wiring.your windshield should not cost more than $150 installed brand new(do not go to a junkyard-no warranty!)rust is considered cancer on a a vehicle's body.the only way to eliminate it permanently is to cut off the existing pieces and weld new metal into the holes(very costly),shop around!if you are planning to get a new paint job have the body shop remove your old windshield first before painting than install the new glass after painting is finished.

·
Registered
20 Posts
no problem.just remember to do everything once and always do it the right way!!!!also pick the quality of install and reputation over pure cost.you won't regret it!

·
TN's SRT-4
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
379 Posts
I just got my windshield replaced a couple weeks ago for around $160 total from a glass shop.

You got any pictures of that stereo/adaptor? Could it just be the stock wiring harness plug?

My oil, I use 10w30 in fall/winter and 10w40 in spring/summer. I am going by what's in the owner's manual according to the temperature here in Georgia.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info MenaceSQL!!

So far, I've found a windlshield glass for 69 dollars, but I am wondering where or who I could get to install it for me... The glass is new from the junk yeard.... ace auto something...

I've used Gateral GTX 10w40 for the summer... about the harness I'll be sure to check at a bestbuy of something... thanks guys...

voodoo

·
Registered
20 Posts
you can take it to a qualified glass shop.they'll probably charge you about $60 for a clean install.or you can wait until you take your truck to a body shop and get it done there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts