Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an 89 Tercel...2 door hatchback...3 speed...My first Mauanl tranny experience...I have been advised that the car runs perfectly...also excellent on gas...few problems though...

1. Rust...underneath...and some on the exterior...not too much...but it is not minimal...

2. Paint problems...there seemed to be like plaster used to patch up some parts...then painted over...
=============================================

Now...this is what I would like to know...

Given that the car runs without problems...will rust be a huge problem as far as emissions testing?

Second...For the exterior...could I turn the car into something a lot more attractive without spending a lot more dollars?...are there any kits available for this model?...and would a paint job be able to clear up all visable blemishes?

PLEASE ALL YOU TERCEL GURU'S HELP ME...Canadian Info would be amazing...but I am willing to hear from anywhere pretty much...

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
As long as the rust isnt interferring with any fuel lines or similar ie a rusty fuel tank, catalytic converter, stuff like that you should be ok. As far as body kits, never seen a standard kit for an pre 90 Tercel. Thats not to say one cant be fabbed, but it might be more money than its worth, short of upgrading to a 91 + Tercel, but search around. Try http://board.tercelonline.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14 an see what you come up with.

DOTMREP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.