Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

Mine runs as if the cat/ exhaust is plugged. Took the cat out and hogged it. Still runs like its plugged. The system is uncorroded or dented except the tail pipe is 30% bent from hitting the road. Any one seen/ fixed this?

btw had the head out for repair
WW

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmmm maybe the muffler is clogged? Have you tried running it with the exhaust disconnected to see if its really the exhaust?
I have a 89 wagon too.

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
is it running like it hesitates a little to feel as though it kinda makes a turbo lag like feeling for a quick second? if so i had the same problem with my ae92 sedan though its not a 4wd but i had that hesitating feel everytime i drive it, at low rpms like 1800-2300 it lags for like a quick second, and boom it takes off again, i first thought it was a clogged cat/exhaust but then after looking it just seemed like the car ran a little on the retard so i just redid the timing and dizzy placement, and now the car doesnt have that anymore, btw the car and the muffler looked really good on my car when i checked the cat still had silver nets and the muffler wasnt clogged. so check your timing, get a timing gun and check it, it might just be either reatard or advance... let me know what happens because id like to know, ill keep note on what is going on. thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts