Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mod. Break. Fix. Repeat.
2001 Corolla CE
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Asking price is $170 firm, that's shipping included. PayPal only.

I am in North Central Florida but will ship anywhere in the US.

Pulled these off my 01 before getting rid of it after only running them for about a month. I purchased the headlight assemblies, projectors, and bulbs all brand new and built these myself, they're not perfect, buy the light output is WORLDS better than stock or even stock headlights with HID bulbs in them. They have 4300k H1 bulbs in them for a crisp white light. Also included is a couple of ballasts that can be used with them.

Couple notes:
1) You will need to transfer over the small metal clip that the top bolt threads into that mounts the lights to the radiator support; I used my originals when I installed the lights because one of the aftermarket ones on the new headlights didn't want to thread properly, so I though it would be best to just use the OEM ones. When I put stock lights back on the car when I took these off, I had to pull them back off of these lights and put them on the lights I installed. They just pop right off and onto these lights, not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it.
2) You'll notice one has electrical tape around the back side of it; it is just holding on the rubber dust/moister boot. I had to buy these boots separate to seal up the lights after assembly. For some reason one of them doesn't want to stay seated on the light, so I just use a little electrical tape to hold it in place. Looks tacky from the back side, but it's all hidden when the light is installed of course.
3) I spent of lot of time trying to get the aim of these just right, but they both still have just a little bit of an angle to them, slightly twisted to the right, so the left is a little higher than it should be while the right is a little low. It's hardly noticeable though, even when driving, but I'm OCD and it's just something that I had noticed...

They work GREAT. They're vertically aimed with the factory aim adjusters on the back of the lights so you can dial them in. They cutoff on them is awesome, they have good left to right light spread, and did I mention yet that they're BRIGHT! The projectors are both high and low beam. The extra two wires coming out of the boots are for the solenoid for the high beams. Just tap these wires into the wiring for the high beam bulb (doesn't matter which wire + or -, can be hooked up either way and it'll actuate the solenoid and make the high beams work with the low beams). Aside from those wire taps (which I would recommend wrapping those wire taps in some electrical tape after installation, just to protect them from corrosion), they're and direct drop/plug in and ride!

Link below (above the pictures) is the thread where I built the lights if you'd like to see what went into them.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...ctor-retrofits-steering-wheel-conversion.html

·
Mod. Break. Fix. Repeat.
2001 Corolla CE
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FS - Corolla 8th Gen (1998-2002) Custom Made Volt Gauge Clock Insert

Asking price is $25 firm, that's shipping included. PayPal only.

I am in North Central Florida but will ship anywhere in the US.

Pulled this out of my 01 before getting rid of it after only running them for a couple months. Gutted a factory clock and installed a blue volt gauge into the housing. Uses the factory clock plug so no wiring or splicing is needed. It simply pops into place and plugs in and works, that simple :)

It's a little difficult to see in the sunlight sometimes, but at night it sure looks great! And it works great too!

When it's off, jut just looks like a factory clock. Even when it's on it looks factory, and that's the hole idea I was going for when I built this. It blends in perfectly.

·
2012 corolla ce
1,521 Posts
Such forgetfulness for the poor guys way up north. Guess i cant bid due to being in a different country :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.