Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Toyota Corolla S (BlackSandPearl) and I recently bought the TRD Supercharger for it. I've been searching everywhere but cannot seem to find a website that sells the 9 psi. upgrade pulley. Does anyone know where I could find it? Thanx for your help, Chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
only guy I knew who did that was a guy named Tyler I believe on my old forums. and He had his custom made

·
Registered
03 Toyota Corolla S
15 Posts
What is a 9 psi pulley and why do you need one? I am getting ready to buy the TRD supercharger for my 03 rolla. Is it really worth the price? How is the fuel milage with s/c upgrage?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
I think the stock pulley is 8 or 9psi :p
Most people upgrade to the 14psi Cusco pulley, this the case on the SC12

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
^Naw dude the SC12 has nothing to do with one of these TRD set-ups. The stock PSI is 6. This is to bolt on to a stock internaled 1zz with 10.0:1 Compression remember Flashm, not a gze with semi forged pistons and 8 whatever compression... :thumbup:

·
Registered
boosted corolla
252 Posts
Actually the stock boost is 7.5 psi.

its not really a 9 psi pulley, its a 2.3" pulley, but it pushes about 9 lbs. It varies because an intake will increase boost to just above 10, and an exhaust system and or header will decrease boost to as low as 6 or 7 depending on piping and the design of the header.

Here is a link to some great pulleys but I HIGHLY recommend that you look into water injection before doing this. It will also need to be tuned because of the highly rich mixture at WOT.

This is a great company who only deal with Toyota Supercharger systems... Click here for the link

·
Registered
boosted corolla
252 Posts
yeah, they are good people. I just oordered their supercharger performance kit, its a killer deal.

·
Registered
03 Toyota Corolla S
15 Posts
polo708 said:
Actually the stock boost is 7.5 psi.

Here is a link to some great pulleys but I HIGHLY recommend that you look into water injection before doing this. It will also need to be tuned because of the highly rich mixture at WOT.

What type of water injection do you recommend.

·
Registered
boosted corolla
252 Posts
Im running the boost cooler from snow performance (www.snowperformance.net), alot of others are running the aqua mist kit. I dont remember their website but its pretty similar to the brand name. Google it... if you're interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts