Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have expierence with autos so im past the basic stuff. Im looking to do an auto -> manual and im just double checking myself.

1. I really want to clarify that you can swap a E153 from a v6 camry into a 2.0 camry and the bell housing bolts right up? I want something stronger then the stock manual gearbox as it will eventually be mated to a turbo 3s-fe.

Now since its auto to manual I know I will need the trans mount, manual starter, and the axels.

2. Will the stock 2.0 spindles accept the v6 axels or will I have to convert?

3. Also, should I use the 2.0 or 2.5 Shift linkage?

Aside from that the only other thing is the clutch/ flywheel. I know i have to use the clutch that matched the trans because of the spline but what about the flywheel?

4. Will a 2.5L flywheel bolt to the 2.0 crankshaft or will the 2.5L clutch work with the 2.0 flywheel?

Thanks for the help I used the search button but it was hard to filter through the user specific questions and yes i know i will need the pedal assembly, clutch master/slave assemblies and possibly the ecu. Let me know if i left anything out.

Buddy

·
セクシーの定&#
Camry Touring
891 Posts
All the answers to your questions are in Charlie's(white90dx) thread with the manual to auto swap. Search for this ;)

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,678 Posts
I have expierence with autos so im past the basic stuff. Im looking to do an auto -> manual and im just double checking myself.

1. I really want to clarify that you can swap a E153 from a v6 camry into a 2.0 camry and the bell housing bolts right up? I want something stronger then the stock manual gearbox as it will eventually be mated to a turbo 3s-fe.

Now since its auto to manual I know I will need the trans mount, manual starter, and the axels.

2. Will the stock 2.0 spindles accept the v6 axels or will I have to convert?

3. Also, should I use the 2.0 or 2.5 Shift linkage?

Aside from that the only other thing is the clutch/ flywheel. I know i have to use the clutch that matched the trans because of the spline but what about the flywheel?

4. Will a 2.5L flywheel bolt to the 2.0 crankshaft or will the 2.5L clutch work with the 2.0 flywheel?

Thanks for the help I used the search button but it was hard to filter through the user specific questions and yes i know i will need the pedal assembly, clutch master/slave assemblies and possibly the ecu. Let me know if i left anything out.

Buddy
I'll try to give you a few answers:

1. It will bolt up directly. You will need a custom clutch (easily available) to do 3s-fe to E153.

2. Use V6 Camry axles (auto or manual are the same). You will need the axle bearing bracket from an MR2 turbo to hold the axle behind the block.

3. Either shift linkage will work. You will need small spacers to use S51 cables on the E153 - it is easy to figure out when you get there.

4. Use the 3s-fe flywheel and pressure plate and a 3s-fe clutch disk with E153 splines. Spec and a few other clutch manufactures do this kind of stuff all the time.

Search for my posts about my engine swap for a bit of info.

-Charlie

·
Registered
91 CAMRY 91 INTEGRA
326 Posts
any one know if there has been a auto to stick swap for a v6???

anyone know a place for manual 2.5 v6 trannys??? i havent seen a stick v6 around in my local junkyards or lexus es250.... or know if the mr2 tranny fits???

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,678 Posts
any one know if there has been a auto to stick swap for a v6???

anyone know a place for manual 2.5 v6 trannys??? i havent seen a stick v6 around in my local junkyards or lexus es250.... or know if the mr2 tranny fits???
JetSpeedCamry did it down in Australia. You can modify an MR2 trans to work - the shift linkage needs to be removed from the front and a different one put on the back. Search the Celica forums for that info.

Any V6 Camry/Solara manual trans will work ('88-'91, '92-'94, '97-'99 Camry and '9?-'02 Solara) in your Camry with the right mounts. The newer transmissions have better synchros and stronger gears but cost more.

-Charlie

PS. To the original poster - there are also a few differences with the starting circuitry 'n stuff to swap auto-manual. Nothing major though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts