Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
My original alternator for 1990, 12valve corolla, was out of order. the electrician said they will replace it but unfortunately he had no spare of the same kind so he put a 90Amp alternator which was came from a van.

At first it looks fine because I noticed that the aircon went stronger and the headlights went brighter. We modified if to be power window before and it operates up and down faster now. However we also noticed that the engine load is heavier at this time and it consumes more gas compared before.

What can you say abot this? Do we need to adjust something so the consumption goes back to normal or do we need to replace it with a lower Amp rating like 75Amps? So the consumption goes better.

Please help us.

best regards,
rhey

·
Banned
245 Posts
Umm.. hmmm 12v x 90amp = 1080watts... 1HP is 754w I do believe.. so you are only producing 326watts... Which is half of 754.. so you are using 1.5HP more out of the motor to spin the alternator. How the hell that could possibly be making you use more gas and putting that much more load on your engine, I don't know.

But on the subject of alternators, can anyone tell me where I could find a higher amp alternator for my 7AFE?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts