Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I love my camry
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a gen 2 1990 camry v6 auto. i was wandering, how much it would be to do an auto to manuel conversion would be? and if i sould get the v6 rebuilt, or would it be more efficent to just get the engine swap, with the celica engine, the 3gtse or semething like that.

·
Grenaded piston
7,447 Posts
hyo said:
hi i have a gen 2 1990 camry v6 auto. i was wandering, how much it would be to do an auto to manuel conversion would be?
About $1000 or so? Thats just for parts.

and if i sould get the v6 rebuilt, or would it be more efficent to just get the engine swap, with the celica engine, the 3gtse or semething like that.
Easiest thing to do is rebuild your V6.

3S-GE or 3S-GTE swap is possible, but your looking at alot more money and work.

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
918 Posts
If you rebuild the V6 and you want to convert it to manual, the manual tranny model for the 2VZFE is the Toyota E52 transmission. That's the tranny for the Gen2 V6 models.

I don't know if the E153 (Solara) fits on the 2VZ-FE, not sure...

·
I love my camry
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i were to swap engines, what would be about the price of it, and is it worth it to go for the swap? or would it be cheaper to, rebuild the v6, and somehow find a turbo kit for it?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,214 Posts
hyo said:
if i were to swap engines, what would be about the price of it, and is it worth it to go for the swap? or would it be cheaper to, rebuild the v6, and somehow find a turbo kit for it?
Sounds like its time for you to start using the
function on the forum.

Engine swaps are not to be taken lightly... You will need a good mechanic and somebody good at wiring. If you can't do the work yourself, the labor will be very expensive. The auto->manual swap is somewhat easier, but the manual tranny for your car (the stock one) is quite rare. There are many little parts that you will need to source to complete the project. It might be a better idea to sell your current car and buy a better platform to start from (a 4-cylinder manual if you want to do a 3s-gte, etc.)

-Charlie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.