Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1990 Toyota Camry – 125K mile. This is embarrassing. When I went to jumpstart this car, I accidentally hooked up the cable wrong. This resulted in cross polarity. Now I'm not able to start this car even with bran new battery. Car was working great before that.

Did I damage any part? Is there any part I should replace it?

·
Not so Noob now!
557 Posts
Couple of questions:

1. Is there any power in the car at all? Does the courtesy light come on, do the dash indicators light up when you turn the key & do any of the other accessories work?

2. Did you check the Main fuses off of the positive battery terminal? There should be an 80amp in the center that may be the culprit.

3. How was the light show?:lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have change three small fuses. It’s not the Main fuse. Still no luck.

1. Is there any power in the car at all? Does the courtesy light come on, do the dash indicators light up when you turn the key & do any of the other accessories work?

Yes. When I jump start original battery (Right way) light, wiper etc. works. For some reason Radio is not working now.

2. Did you check the Main fuses off of the positive battery terminal? There should be an 80amp in the center that may be the culprit.

How can I verify that main fuses are damage? I can buy that from Toyota dealer ($24) which will be non-refundable.

3. How was the light show?
No light show. I was unlucky in that too!

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Sooo.. hold on.. if you went to the car, right now, the lights will turn on? Like, can you turn on your high beams without turning over the engine?

Sorry about that bro. That must suck major a$$ but it SEEMS like a fuse should be the major f'up's result. Next time, mind your cables.

Let's see:
1-Cable to positive on dead car
2-Cable to positive on live car
3-Cable to negative of live car
4-Cable to GROUND like engine hook

;)

·
Not so Noob now!
557 Posts
dattup said:
How can I verify that main fuses are damage? I can buy that from Toyota dealer ($24) which will be non-refundable.
There should be a little black box that says Main 40, Alt 80, AM2 30 that contains the Main fuses. If you pop the cover there are little windows on the fuses that you can see if they are blown or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts