Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 90 gt that i was thinking of doing the aftermarket air filter but after looking at the original design saw that it acualy is drawing from the front of the vehicle. if i added the new filter, i would be drawing from the hot engin compartment and thought that may defeat the purpous. or should i do the cold air mod and draw from under the engin. what kind of benifits have you folks seen from the two different options?

thank you!
brook

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you plan on doing a short ram, best bet is to do a battery relocate to the trunk. If not, either a K&N drop in filter, or a CAI. The engine heat will not increase horsepower. You want to keep the air going into through the intake as cold as possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
there is a hole to the right of your batt for the warm air intake you could rip out the innards and convert it to a CAI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
there is a hole to the right of your batt for the warm air intake you could rip out the innards and convert it to a CAI.

·
Registered
1991 Celica GTS
125 Posts
If are going to spend the money to get a good filter, one that is first of a non-paper cleanable filter; you might as well go ahead and get you a CAI.

There are several on ebay. I personally haven't purchased any of these. I prefer to build my own. Heck, If you are creative and like to cut stuff...:thumbsup:
build your own. You can build it for less than one hundred dollars if you do it right the first time and plus instant pride in yourself and abilities.

If you build you could just use pvc and instulated the crap out of it for a quick upgrade to the stock cool air.(this is also the best test guage if you go to a full CAI )
Or jump all the way to a Full CAI. There are so many possibilties of intakes. Sit back and think of what you want. Decent airflow, cool air, cold air, great aestitics, shiny metal....etc. Plus use the "search button"

·
^
4,197 Posts
From what I hear, the plastic ducts already draw cool air so a filter is all you really need. That being said I have a custom shortram that runs behind my battery to the front of the car, its mostly there for growl though, haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts