Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally intended to part out the car, but I'm considering fixing it if not to complex. If I F**k it up no problem. Here it is:
Car has major oil leak by the Timing Belt I suppose it's a seal somewhere in there. Reading this Board It may also be the oil pump. I'm about to remove the belt covers to see where exactly the oil is leaking from. If it is the seal, how hard of a job is it to do?

Thanks.

·
Wonderbread
Toyota Tercel, AE86
1,721 Posts
Its not bad, just set the engine to Top Dead Centre take the timing belt off and its probubly the aluminum cover and the crank seal leaking

·
Registered
162 Posts
Its not that bad. Do yourself a favor and get toyota seals. Please, take my word for it.

·
Registered
Tercel
74 Posts
Its not that bad. Do yourself a favor and get toyota seals. Please, take my word for it.
Take his advice, or at least read through the thread about replacing the oil pump.

·
Registered
89Terc3dr/92pu4x4
357 Posts
The gist of the lessons learned there was;

Do the pan also. And re-install after the pump housing.

If you use a torque wrench, buy new bolts for the pump. There is no room for a drill motor. Turp & Marie both, broke bolts.

If you get a new pump/body (generally not needed for leak repair), there seems to be a very inexpensive source in the thread. But it doesn’t come with seals.

In my years I’ve used Felpro after market seals on cranks w/ no issues. I think Turp got his through APW online. Not aware of any bad products coming outta there. Possible he was shipped the wrong seal. But a Toyota seal is always good.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes the oil pan gasket too. Basically, if you follow gonuts2's directions to a T it will be a cake walk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts