Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '91 ext cab 4wd Toyota PU. I have been looking for some take offs
that will fit the truck. I have a complete set of tires and wheels for a
2001 Chevy Z71. I tried these wheels and they would not fit. Yet I see
several posts on ebay where they say the wheels are interchangable...????

I'm also looking for a way to remedy the drivers side seat cushion. Feels
like I'm sittingin in a bucket when driving...

I'll look forward to feedback..

Thanks

NJ
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Your LUG pattern is 6X5.5 Alot of Chevy's are as well... but not all.. What
do you mean won't fit? Won't fit on the Studs? Or the wheel and tire won't
fit in the wheel-well due to clearance issues.... If it's clearance issues,
then common sense would tell you that either the back spacing on the Chevy
Rims is wrong, or your trying to stuff entirely too big of tires on it..


"NJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]
> I have a '91 ext cab 4wd Toyota PU. I have been looking for some take offs
> that will fit the truck. I have a complete set of tires and wheels for a
> 2001 Chevy Z71. I tried these wheels and they would not fit. Yet I see
> several posts on ebay where they say the wheels are interchangable...????
>
> I'm also looking for a way to remedy the drivers side seat cushion. Feels
> like I'm sittingin in a bucket when driving...
>
> I'll look forward to feedback..
>
> Thanks
>
> NJ
>
>
>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 18:37:37 GMT, "EasyE" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>"NJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:p[email protected]


>> I have a '91 ext cab 4wd Toyota PU. I have been looking for some take offs
>> that will fit the truck. I have a complete set of tires and wheels for a
>> 2001 Chevy Z71. I tried these wheels and they would not fit. Yet I see
>> several posts on ebay where they say the wheels are interchangable...????


Of course they claim this - they want the money. Duh! ;-P

>Your LUG pattern is 6X5.5 Alot of Chevy's are as well... but not all.. What
>do you mean won't fit? Won't fit on the Studs? Or the wheel and tire won't
>fit in the wheel-well due to clearance issues.... If it's clearance issues,
>then common sense would tell you that either the back spacing on the Chevy
>Rims is wrong, or your trying to stuff entirely too big of tires on it..


Sometimes the center hub hole is the problem - IIRC the Chevy is a
smaller wheel bearing area than the Toyota. The lugs would line up
perfectly IF you could get the wheel over the bearings...

>> I'm also looking for a way to remedy the drivers side seat cushion. Feels
>> like I'm sitting in in a bucket when driving...


Check with the Dealer parts counter. You can buy a new seat cushion
foam as a complete pre-molded item. Remove the seat, pop off the
outer cover, pull out what's left of the old foam cushion, install the
new cushion and reverse the procedure.

If it's just shaped wrong for you, they can be opened up and
bolstered by any good upholstery shop. A fresh layer of batting or
another inch of foam to fill in that 'hole in the bucket'.

--<< Bruce >>--
--
Bruce L. Bergman, Woodland Hills (Los Angeles) CA - Desktop
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Spamtrapped address: Remove the python and the invalid, and use a net.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top