Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 Corolla that when I turn on the key to start it all I here is like a relay turning on but the starter does not kick on. HELP!!!!!! Where is the starter? What is easy way of checking it. Where is the relay I keep hearing?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
i had smae problem today i tried to start my car and nothing happens. how do i know if its the battery that need to be replaced. if the starter is problem i would like to know where it is located.

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
IF you think the battery might be dead then try getting a jump start from someone.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do the headlights come on? If they do and they are bright, then it could be the starter or maybe just corroded connections on the starter. Make sure the battery connections are clean (don't just look, take them off and use a brush to make SURE they are clean). If that doesn't work check the connections on the starter. Most parts houses (Schucks, Kragen, Auto Zone, etc.) will check your battery for free to see what kind of shape it is in. The starter is kind of hard to get to...and is located on the firewall side of the engine between the engine and the tranny. Might also be an alternator problem, which could cause an otherwise good battery to go dead by not properly charging it while the engine is running. Most parts house will check these for free, too. Good luck. Regards, Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts