Registered
91 Turbo Mr2
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im puttin the safc on and i need help finding the ecu

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's in the trunk behind the carpet motor side.

You are talking about the SW20 MR2's correct? If not, then I don't really know.

·
Registered
91 Turbo Mr2
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes..... do you know what wire is what on the safc???brown, black, red , green, gray, pink, orange, yellow, and purple??

·
Registered
91 Turbo Mr2
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nevermund thanks for quick response

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome, and sorry for not seeing the second question. My father is a Toyota mechanic so I had him printout the schim. on the wiring. But that was for my Air/Fuel meter which I believe I still went wrong somewhere in the wiring. If you can just run to the nearest Toyota dealer and ask them for print them out for you, hell you can probably find them online if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
91 Turbo Mr2
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its in now i havent tuned it yet, but its mounted in the trunk its pretty nice...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hehehe, Yeah I think you're suppose to run the wires from the ECU to the front of your car to mount it. No point having it in the trunk if you can't see it. Glad to hear you got it working though.

·
Registered
91 Turbo Mr2
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i used to have it setup in my eclipse.... i really have no need for the display im putting my car on the dyno and will have one of the guys tune the car from the trunk.... after that i really have no need to look at the safc i def don't mess with it after its in the car... i also figured there is no point n running it to the cabin because im hoping this summer to have an ems put on neway... i just had the safc 2 sittin around after i wrecked my eclipse so i decided to put it on..... lol it all i fine all i need is the correction i have no need to tune it after that

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
heh, trunk mounted stuff.... can't say much, i have a boost gauge and voltmeter mounted in the trunk (mainly because i got them and the holder for a whopping total of $7)... neverfear, i have an electronic autometer boost gauge on the way

um, for the a/f ratio gauge you just need the sending signal wire of the o2 sensor connected.... but those gauges are more of a lightshow than anything helpful

1 - 11 of 11 Posts