Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is a white '91 Turbo with a BLACK leather interior from the factory. Yes, black leather interior in a white MR2 Turbo (kind of a rare color combo as most white cars came with blue interior). The car is 100% unmolested and has never been modified. 103k miles on the clock, Carfax Verified. Interior is in great shape with the exception of a couple of cracks in the drivers seat (small). Engine runs strong with no leaks whatsoever (fluid, exhaust, nothing), A/C works well, Body is straight with no scratches or dents. Really it’s just a clean example of what a '91 turbo should be if it was taken care of and left stock from day one. I bought the car from a Toyota dealer in town and since I got it I have done a tune up and that’s pretty much it. The car runs strong, idles nice, etc. I was going to use it as my daily, but I like the heavy ass All-Trac more since it has a semi real trunk. I guess that’s part of growing up.

The bad:
*Antenna doesn’t go up (doesn't matter as these cars have two antennas anyway and it likley just the mast which is a 40.00 part from Toyota).
*Factory 3 in 1 doesn’t like to play burned CD’s (I was going to send this off to a place PA that fixes 3 in 1's)
*Passenger door has a small rust spot in the front seam that can easily be taken care of.
*Looks like someone replaced the rear bumper at one point, but it does not show up on the Carfax.
*Drivers seat has some cracks (see pics, this could be solved with a CST leather kit for the MR2)
*I used a flash in the pics, so it doesn’t look as good in the pics as it does in person. (this cars painf is beautiful, really shines)
*Passenger side t-top will leak in a high pressure carwash (just found this out or I would have probably fixed it).

The good:
*Solid, clean car that’s been taken care of.
*BLACK INTERIOR
*103k miles on a '91
*Mechanically solid with a fresh tune up (all Toyota parts and Denso plugs, see pics)
*All the items for the T-Tops are there, shades and bags.
*Factory single stage paint shines beautifully.

So why would I sell such a nice MR2 you might ask, two reasons....I seem to have a love affair with Celica All-Trac's and bought this car then came across a '92 All-Trac with 46K original miles and is in like new condition. The second reason is my 500hp All-Trac will be coming home soon and a 2 car garage with three cars worthy of being in one makes for a real problem and I would rather have the AWD Celica as the DD instead of the MR2, that is the only reason that the MR2 is being sold.

PRICE: $7,500.00

I love this picture, where is a 6 car garage when you need one?

T-top covers and tune up stuff. I even bought new Toyota keys.

This one’s my favorite.

here you can see the tears in the drivers seat. All those cracks you cannot see when there is not a flash going on. The leather is pretty soft since Ive conditioned it a few times since buying the car.

103,850 miles.

Look MA! NO MODS!

the engine lid prop clip is even still intact!

close up of the turbo.

clean trunk!!!!

other side

frunk is intact (new batter behind the tire by the way)

rear underbody. Notice no rust aside from the typical surface rust on the suspension parts.

front underbody
again, note no rust and good tread on tires. All underbody panels still intact

horrible pic of the vin tag

If you are looking for a clean 91T that hasn’t been abused or modded to hell and back, this is it. Email me if you are interested please at [email protected] -or- [email protected]

The reason the MR2 is up for adapotion!

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
Hey guys - bump for John, he is a great guy and takes care of his toys very well :) I know him personally and I would feel very confident in buying from him.

This is a smoking deal for a white/black MR2 that has not been torn up and boosted to hell! GET YOUR HANDS ON IT QUICK!

·
Registered
91 Turbo Mr2
165 Posts
I'm really in the market for another Turbo mr2 I have to see about a loan, but im def interested in your car. Any leaks or matience needing to be done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wvturbo2 said:
I'm really in the market for another Turbo mr2 I have to see about a loan, but im def interested in your car. Any leaks or matience needing to be done.
No leaks at all. No oil, no exhaust, and of course no coolant.

Maintance, well I was going to flush and fill the coolant but never got around to it but that is just something I do to any car I buy along with a new valve cover gasket and serp. belt.

You will not be disappointed in this car, the paint is beautiful and is freshly buffed (by a pro) and waxed.

Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love both of my All-Tracs...the black one is a '93 (one of only 81 produced for the US market in '93) with close to 500 crank HP on pump gas and the red '92 All-Trac is one of 271 produced in '92. The red one only has 48,000 original miles on it. If I had more garage space I would be keeping the MR2, the paint on that car seriously looks like new.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like she will be going on eBay today....I was hoping to have her go to someone on here but maybe that will be what happens anyway. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts