Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 91 st celica and its pretty but slow i did the intake and exhaust and a few other little things but its not enough i just want 200 horespower at least thats not to much to ask should i:
get the 3sgte plus front clip comes with everything fo2999 or

put performance pullies maybe supercharger and every other conceivable add on and pray i get some ponnies or

get the a 1.8 put in plus turbo that

or just say f it and get a cheap turbo slap it on the 1.6 and kick a little ass before it burns out

ok now heres the problems all the stuff you guys are talking about ive mostly been through all of it my idle was high my engine did seize(in shop right now) and ive fixed near everything on my car except the fuel pump so

i dont wanna change trannies its an automatic and my tranny is like 2 years old so im trying to keep that but i am willing to sacrifice it

the new engine im getting is only 450 so i dont care much about it

i want the 3sgte but like i said i dont wanna get a mr2 tranny i wanna buy an engine pay to have it put in ( in school no time) easily as possible and go fast and kick ass.

its a military town so theres turbo evos and nissans and Z's every where
not much money but pride is more important i need to win now im getting beat by caddies, mercy!!:D

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Hard to get the 4A-FE to 200HP. Even Stock 4A-GZE (supercharged) is at 170HP. A 4A-GE with heavy mod will get 200HP but its high rpm engine and need a 6 spd manual tranny.
The 4A tranny won't bolt onto 3S-GTE.
3S-GTE won't bolt on to 4A-FE engine mounts. You'll need to cut and weld them again.
For the cars you wanna beat, you'll need the 3S-GTE with heavy mods too.
For the amount of money you need to put into the car, you better sell it and get an AllTrac Turbo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
indeed, get an alltrac, some of you guys might consider this sacriligeous, but if you want a fast fucker, get an RX-7 turbo'ed....

·
Registered
55 Posts
now thats a thought :D Get a FC3S turbo II, mod it and get 300+hp out of it :) now I miss my old FC :(

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Sell you car and use the money you use to do the swap with it to buy an AllTrac. Probably you'll break even if not have some extra change. Check AutoTrader in your area. We got about 1 AllTtrac per month in Toronto. Around $7500-$8500CAD.
FC3S is an RX7.

·
Registered
55 Posts
FC3S = 2ND Gen RX7
FD3S = 3RD Gen RX7

I agree, save up that money, sell your car, and get something better. With 7K+ you have lots of options you know.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
killaziggy said:
fc3s whats that and if i could get an all trac i would but too hard to find plus too much to buy
no matter what you end up doing.....to get ur car fast...is gonna take money...speed is not cheap and =$$$$$.....if u want more bang for your buck...sell your car...get an turbo DSM (talon/laser/eclispe)....u can find them cheap and with just simple mods they can be fast if all you care about is your ego and not losing to everything......

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Well what about the 5s-fe GT 93 celica...should i buy it or is a ripp? 2.5k with 93k on it... i have a 5s-fe turbo set up at my house should even turbo it or should i just buy a different car...i really would like to stay in toyota family and this 93 celica is alot nice then my carmy...so should i buy it and turbo it like i planed to or are older celica's a joke?

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Celica are not jokes. You have to reallize its a 11-14 years old car. 130HP, 140ftlb was a lot 10 years ago. Just lay out the cost of making a Turbo GTS and buying an AllTrac and see which way you wanna go.
I like my 90 GTS and I'm keeping it NA. I'm rebuilding the engine with P&P. I might get high CR piston later. Tell you the truth, 130HP is still pretty much on the street.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is my first car and i wanna hook it up not trade it in i put at least 4 g's in it already and almost everything is new. if i get a 3sgte complete front clip how long will it take to install or how much money to pay for the install. would i need heavy equipment to do it myself with a front clip and what kind of tranny do i need exactly. i like the fc3s idea, does that come with turbo and how much work would it take to make it fit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is my first car and i wanna hook it up not trade it in i put at least 4 g's in it already and almost everything is new. if i get a 3sgte complete front clip how long will it take to install or how much money to pay for the install. would i need heavy equipment to do it myself with a front clip and what kind of tranny do i need exactly. i like the fc3s idea, does that come with turbo and how much work would it take to make it fit

·
Registered
160 Posts
The internals on the 1.6 are not as durable for racing applications, I wouldnt suggest putting a turbo on it. Plus whats the point of putting a turbo on a 100hp if your only gonna keep the boost under 5psi. You wont gain much, just have spent a lot of money. If you cant run 7-15 psi, you wont be making great hp gains, especially on the 1.6. That motor was made to go to the grocery store in style. It was a way for granny to drive a great looking car to go play bingo with her friends. Ask anyone on here, and they will tell you, if you want to go fast, dont bother with the 4A-FE. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
The stock 4A-FE is good up to 12PSI. Stay below 12PSI and the engine will last. 7PSI is pretty good without intercooler.
Been done on Corolla. They guy blown the engine around 12PSI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the cylnder walls are too thin for even a good rebuild so i would not suggest putting a turbo on it and NO NO2!!!!!!!!!
if you are going to do and engine swap go with the 4age it fitts pretty close.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how close is pretty close with 4age is that the 1.8 will i need a new tranny
if i do put a turbo on probably a used one how much hp can i expect cus superchargers are gay these days unless its actually made for that car plus speed
since i wont be able to get much power out of this im gonna start cruising the auctions for a good repo but in the mean time im not gonna sell my car cus i gotta low rider truck too so im not in a big rush

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
The best for turbo is the 4A-GZE supercharger engine. It can take high boost. Just remove the supercharger and put a turbo on it. You can also research on how to make it a twin charge: SC and Turbo.
As said in earlier post, 4A-GE are drop in if you got the a series.
1.6L engines: all 4As, 4A-F, 4A-C, 4A-FE, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE
1.8L: 7A-FE, 1ZZ-FE, 2ZZ-FE
2.0L: 3S-FE, 3S-GE, 3S-GTE
2.2L: 5S-FE

1 - 20 of 23 Posts