Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to install factory stereo that i bought used, dont have the funds to get an aftermarket just yet. went to the junkyard and got the old twin harness off another camry (connectors are blue) however wire colors seem to match accordong to installdr. com question i too found that enclosed transformer thing-a-majig and according to this previous post it goes with the old stereo unit, how? and i'm in the process of connecting existing wires coming from car to new harness i got from junkyard. do i need that transformer thing and how/where does it go? any tips would be greatly appreciated.thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a little black plastic box with orange wire and a sort of in line fuse in holder, (not the old glass kind, but the plastic plugin kind) found it in the back of the stereo setup among the wires. thought it had something to do with starter/ign. but looks and sounds like it has to do with the stock radio. not sure how to post pic. :headbang:

·
日産自動車パ&#
2004 Nissan Maxima
553 Posts
its a little black plastic box with orange wire and a sort of in line fuse in holder, (not the old glass kind, but the plastic plugin kind) found it in the back of the stereo setup among the wires. thought it had something to do with starter/ign. but looks and sounds like it has to do with the stock radio. not sure how to post pic. :headbang:
Go to a website like Imageshack.us and upload a picture into their server, and then copy the link here. If you want the picture to show up in the thread, put

1 - 4 of 4 Posts