1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to give a "brief" description:

91 Tercel DX
3ee, 288000+KMS

Somedays the car will be taking off like a bullet...for example i can get it toa lil past 40km/h just by taking off in first, a lil past 60km/h in second following that and so on...and it's not with a struggle. The engine feels like it WANTS to pull the car like that...

Then other days it's sluggish...like i have to force it to go past 30km/h in first and so on...like i doesn't want to almost. Basically it accelerates with more effort than on the times when it feels like it wants to go.

It's weird!! Does anyone have any insight as to why it does that? I'm thinking fuel filter, but wouldn't a shitty filter cause it to have the same effect ALL the time and not intermittently? I have a feeling it's something fuel related....

Keep in mind that when i bought this car...the previous guy's fav thing was "duct tape" to fix a problem (leaking spark wires, missing PCV gasket, distributor wires etc.) The car was really well mantained it's whole life, but i think towards the end when he wanted to get rid of it he stopped caring.

Anyway...any suggestions would be great!!!

Thanks! :thumbup:

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
LBT96 said:
Change the weather.

Humidity % and heat can affect how an engine acts.
:thumbup:

My 92 acts the same way. Apparently the little 3ee is quite suseptible to temp variance. Outside temp and engine temp.

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
Tune up wouldnt hurt

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
full cleaning (throttle body, injectors, coolant, oil, filters etc..) and tune-up happen when the CAI goes on :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've changed the plugs twice in the past 8 months (currently NGK), changed the wires, distributor rotor...ummm oil several times and i put one those "engine flush" thing in my oil before a changed twice already...i use 10w-30 full syn., changed the valve cover gasket, changed the radiator, changed the whole exhaust system (Cept the manifold...still seems good) and now my gas tank is leaking very minorly...gotta do that soon. I'm also going to do the whole "gas filter" thing.
How can someone do a COMPLETE fuel injector cleaning @ home themselves besides using an additive in the gas??

Thanks!

·
Turbo Bitch!!!
300 Posts
Not sure, never had to do that before... But the additive you spray directly into the intake manifold might help... Again, never used one of those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts