Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all .. I have a Q for you guys.

On my 93 camry, the body is pretty much shot on it. The driver side Rear Quarter Panel is rusted, the rocker panels on both sides are rotted too.

I purchased a Rear quarter panel last year but never got around to cutting the old one out and welding the new one on . I was thinking about doing a complete body over-haul this winter on the camry but I would like to get rocker panels too. I know that they have a pretty simple bend on them and I could easily just get some sheet metal and make that bend and weld it, but the ones I am looking at seem like they are a better idea because it has part of the pillar support too.

the problem here is there are no dimensions on this piece. Do you guys think that its the entire rocker panel? Or do you guys think that it is just the pillar support and part of the rockers on each side?

http://autobodypartsonline.com/cgi-...catid=2227&[email protected]

I know that the proper way to repair rocker panels is to actually cut pretty much the entire side of the car off and weld it onto my car, so please don't let me know this :)

My Question is has anyone used these rocker panels, and if so what are the dimensions?

thanks in advance,

~MP

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Not to state the obvious, but have you tried car-part.com and searched your local junk yards?

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I haven't searched on carparts.com but I contacted local junk yards around me and googled junk yards within 50 miles and all the salvage yards told me that all the cars are all rusted and the parts were not worth removing.

I was hoping that someone on here may have purchased replacement panels from the same website so I could see an actual picture of it before I purchase it :)

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Okay, you've done your homework. :lol: That's all i can offer help-wise on this one. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts