Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
ex tech, new driver
92 Camry XLS 224K
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving down the highway and a cloud of white rolls out the back. It has been over heating, so I was thinking the head gaskets. Replaced it, started up and still has fuel cloud out the back. Searching the net over and found next to no answers. I can run out 1/4 tank of gas in 5 minutes. Gas puddles out the tailpipe and runs out an exhaust leak under the engine. Had a bad O2 sensor and replaced it. I could not get any codes. I forced it to give me a 55, knock sensor. I don't see it giving me this issue. Disconnected all the injectors, 1 at a time and 2 at a time. It would not stop the gas, but would run a little rougher each time. All plugs and wires were changed with head gaskets. Tried to advance the timing in case i was just to far back. It will not stay running without help, once it warms up, so I can not correct the timing. The only pin out for the ECM I could find was the 1MZ. Not even close. I was going to jump the left knock sensor to the right (error code). I also opened the ECM to see if there was any physical damage or shorts. Nothing there, noticeable. I have a good vacuum (by touch, gauge is missing) at the fuel pressure regulator. When I first start, seems smooth, very little white smoke but still smells gas.

Any advice or suggestions would be great. I have given up most my tools when I left the business in 91. I work in an office and have just the essentials. Any shortcuts or work around are best for me.

·
1MZ powered MR2
1991 MR2
1,065 Posts
Here's some thoughts:

Unregulated fuel pressure (i.e. fuel pressure regulator fault)
Shorted injectors
-> Injector
-> ECU ground control transistor/IC (bad ECU)

I have 93 3VZ wiring diagrams. PM me your email address and I'll share it with you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts