Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Toyota camry
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have broken or it worn out my front motor mount I was curious to see it there is a DIY fix or a cheaper solution than a 250.00 OEM part for the fix? the engine rocks quite a bit under high load so its down for the time till i get the money or a fix. I have yet to remove it from the car. Dog bone mounts in great shape still.

Thanks for any help or tips

Travis

·
Beware of pigs
Little Pig
2,476 Posts
So I have broken or it worn out my front motor mount I was curious to see it there is a DIY fix or a cheaper solution than a 250.00 OEM part for the fix? the engine rocks quite a bit under high load so its down for the time till i get the money or a fix. I have yet to remove it from the car. Dog bone mounts in great shape still.

Thanks for any help or tips

Travis
Just when I want to mention gen 4 dogbone swap. :lol:

Fill the bad mounts with polyurethane. I raised the same discussion over at the gen 8 corolla forum and someone put up a link to a honda forum (!) which leads to a DIY.

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,299 Posts
Just when I want to mention gen 4 dogbone swap. :lol:

Fill the bad mounts with polyurethane. I raised the same discussion over at the gen 8 corolla forum and someone put up a link to a honda forum (!) which leads to a DIY.
Polyurethane works, I've found the best way to fix a bad motor mount is just to go to the salvage yard (You Pull You Save is cheap) and just get one in good shape there. They are really simple to remove, All you need is either a motor picker or a floor jack / block of wood. Either lift up up from the top, or jack the motor off of the mount from below. The Polyurethane will work though just to let you know. I fixed a dogbone that way and it worked for a long time.. I ended up getting one from the salvage yard after it broke a second time but yeah thats my 2Cents :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.