Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys!

i have a 92 camry wagon 188,xxx miles, that is stuck in park:ugh3:

ignition lock locks/unlocks, car starts - but cant depress the button to move the shift lever ... any ideas?:confused:

NOTE! in the past, on occasion, the car will not start unless I jiggle the electrical connector on the front of the transmission - where the shift cable and lever moves to select gears; think its somehow related?
i honestly think that has been strictly an electrical issue as its only the wires/connector that needs to be wiggled a little .... the car ALWAYS came out of gear when this happened.

{ i know i should open it up and clean the connectors in it; hopefully its just corrosion and not a bad wire! - anyone know how that connector releases?}

i am - or was - due to leave ny to go to nc in the early am .... 600 miles .... i guess it could have been worse than being in my driveway! but this is a major disappointment....:sosad::disappoin

many, many thanks!

sincerely

cpt

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SOLVED!!!!!! 92 camry 5sfe won't come out of park

;)

when getting ready for the trip, I accidently yanked out the wire for the CB radio which was powered by the brake light fuse .... pushed the fuse back in tight - and

STARTED RIGHT UP!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

thanks

cpt

·
'95 Camry 5S-FE
95 Camry LE
778 Posts
In the future if this happens and you NEED to drive, there is a small plastic cover directly to the left of the gear shift. Just pop that cover off and use a screwdriver/knife/key to press the white piece of plastic in to unlock the gear shift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts