Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '92 Camry with roll-down windows, and the speaker locations are for 4" drivers. The speaker mounts in a plastic piece that raises it so that it doesn't hit the window. The opening the plastic piece screws into is oddly shaped. Other Camrys from the same time (that had power windows) had 6.5" speakers, also in a plastic bracket. My question is, if I get the plastic piece from a higher trim level Camry will it screw into my door and can I use it to put bigger speakers in? Or am I stuck with 4"?
Thanks,
~Eric

(I also posted this in the Camry forum, apologies if that is bad form)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well you might try getting those other plastic brackets for a 6.5 from a junkyard, it might work I don't know for sure.
You could also make your own mdf brackets and use the same mounting holes, then screw your speaks into the mdf bracket.
Kinda like what I did for my '97Camry.

And do some measureing then check the depth of the speaks you might like to get.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Fever said:
Well you might try getting those other plastic brackets for a 6.5 from a junkyard, it might work I don't know for sure.
You could also make your own mdf brackets and use the same mounting holes, then screw your speaks into the mdf bracket.
Kinda like what I did for my '97Camry.

And do some measureing then check the depth of the speaks you might like to get.
Where did you put your tweeters at? From the pic it looks like you have them in the sail panels or whatever they're called.

·
Registered
171 Posts
^Yes, in the sail panel. That's where the stock ones were and I changed them out in that instal.

The latest instal has tweets in the kick panels and in the A-pilars.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Fever said:
^Yes, in the sail panel. That's where the stock ones were and I changed them out in that instal.

The latest instal has tweets in the kick panels and in the A-pilars.
I never knew they had stock tweeters in the sail panels. I knew they had them in the upper part of the armrest though. I custom mounted mine in the sail panels and they look alright, just need some finishing touches or something to make it look good.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
you should definitely finish off deadening that door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts