Toyota Nation Forum banner

92 camy after-mkt stereo install, bypassing amp

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  maneesh 
#1 ·
hi,

Now that I'm done with my alarm, I'm ready to install an aftermarket radio... I bought an Aiwa from crutchfield with the wiring harness. My question is how do I install it while bypassing the amp? The wiring ahrness from crutchfield came with two adapters. However, the stock radio was connected to one harness. I also noticed on the amp that there are two adapters connected to it.

Thanks,
maneesh

#3 ·
If you bought it from crutchfiel, they usually give you install instruction on how to bypass the factory amp.

#4 ·
called crutchfield

Their tech guy said that there are two connectors in the back and I should connect these to those. I do recall seeing the two connectors when I removed the radio earlier....

However, I want to confirm that I can still get audio out of all the 6 speakers instead of the 4. Someone on another thread mentioned that the front tweeters are connected to the front speakers via a capacitor....

Thanks,
maneesh

#5 ·
they are wired in series, the little cap is to block out lower frequencies that the tweeters can't handle. You should be fine.

#6 ·
DO NOT cut the wire harness!!! To the right side of the cavity, there should be two mating harnesses wrapped in foam. Disconnect the end from the OEM amp, and connect your matching adapters there. All six speakers will work, the front tweeters are wired inline with the front speakers in the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.