Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone happen to have pics of their 90-93 celicas headlights? Mainly tha area they bolt onto? the whole headlight assembly is what i mean not the bulbs. My passenger side headlight seems to be mounted wrong it looks like it positioned higher then the driver side. Ive looked online but cant find pics of them anywhere. My junkyard doesnt have any there so I cant look there and none of my friends have a celica and my 94 celica has different headlights (no pop-ups) so any pics of them would be awesome, Thanks alot

·
Registered
91 Celica GT Coupe
144 Posts
The passenger side should be mounted the same as the drivers side with 4 screws in the front trim around the bulb. There is a stop with a bumper on it that determines how they sit when in the down position.

·
Awesome ends with me.
!990 Celica GT
88 Posts
Hey bro, these pics are of a 1990 GT.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pitts- I know they mount the same as the driver side but it might be the driver side thats off and Im only thinking its the passenger. Are you meaning the piece around the light bulb that has 4 screws because I know that part. Thanks anyway.

John- Thanks a ton thats exactly what i needed now I'll be able to figure out tomorrow exactly whats up with the light assembly.

·
Awesome ends with me.
!990 Celica GT
88 Posts
np

·
Registered
91 Celica GT Coupe
144 Posts
Nice pictures! Yes the 4 screws around the bulb install/deinstall the bulb. There are also 2 other screws that adjust the bulb up/down left/right if the bulb is not pointing in the right direction. The bulb doesn't seem to be your problem? For the body of the headlight, start with the hood matching up with the back of the headlight and it should sit flush all around when closed. If it is then high in the front adjust the bumper stop that controls where the headlight stops in the close position, but that should not need adjusted...working from underneath the fender you can see the headlight motor and a cap over something I forget but I believe it is another adjuster. Under fender I think you can see the bumper stop also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what the main problem is, The hood when its closed comes over the headlight when its closed. Not by alot but by enough that it makes a difference. Theres a little bit of front end damage but both headlights werent damaged. The hood was damaged and the latch broke so Im also replacing that but the hood was only bent back a little so its odd that it closes a little over the light now. I'll try to get a pic of it when i get home today and that'll explain what i mean better

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres some pics of my headlights the driver side looks just about right but looking at the passenegr side you can tell something is off, the hood goes too far over it. Its bolted in at the right places everthing is lined up right and it opens and close just fine. Any ideas whats wrong with it? Thanks alot

**also the light is down in the pic where you can see the bulb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts