Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
omg jdm
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 1992 Celica GT for a winter car. It was going to be a beater but actually it's fully loaded and everything works... amazing lol

Anyways the stock motor isn't bad... actually pretty peppy. I'd like to make it as quick as possible though as even in the winter I'll miss mashing the pedal! ;)

I've seen little for performance for this motor... looking to get a header, full exhaust, CAI (actual CAI if it exists!), cams? Things like that.

No, I don't want to swap a 3s in... no, I don't want to turbo it... everything else goes though!

Also the suspension is shot... is there a Prothane kit? Better sway bars? What are you guys running for struts?

I guess that's it for now... unless there's a short throw shifter out there!

</noob post>... sorry about that lol

·
Registered
1992 Celica GT
1,290 Posts
Just got a 1992 Celica GT for a winter car. It was going to be a beater but actually it's fully loaded and everything works... amazing lol

Anyways the stock motor isn't bad... actually pretty peppy. I'd like to make it as quick as possible though as even in the winter I'll miss mashing the pedal! ;)

I've seen little for performance for this motor... looking to get a header, full exhaust, CAI (actual CAI if it exists!), cams? Things like that.

No, I don't want to swap a 3s in... no, I don't want to turbo it... everything else goes though!

Also the suspension is shot... is there a Prothane kit? Better sway bars? What are you guys running for struts?

I guess that's it for now... unless there's a short throw shifter out there!

</noob post>... sorry about that lol
The biggest power upgrade you would get for the 5sfe would be cams. Otherwise there isn't much to do without spending a lot of money to gain very little. Depending on how much power you are looking for, FI might actually be the more reasonable approach.

As for the suspension, personally I'm running KYB gr2s which are essentially stock replacements, just a very small bit stiffer (supposedly to compensate for worn suspension components, this being internet gossip but could have truth to it). For any serious track or autocross stuff, konis are probably one of the best options out there. But honestly one of the options, if all of your suspension is really worn and depending on the driving you will be doing and the kind of ride you mind having, coilovers would probably provide the best handling. This would also but in conjuction with balanced, proper sway bars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts