Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Heavy Sleeper
Toyota Celica
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two problems. First is that my celica is idling very rough, I just changed my spark plugs, oil & filter change. What else can I do to fix this problem???

I am going to check the timing, but I'm not sure what else could be causing it?

Second problem is that I think I have a short somewhere because every three days my battery dies, and needs a boost. I just bought the battery two months ago. I also replaced my alternator. What else can I check, or what should I do to fix it?

·
Registered
234 Posts
man i had both of these problems my friend. first off check all the connections and leads to and from your battery to your alternator. i replaced my alternator after having my old one rebuilt which didnt do anything... but as far as the idling problem... my engine used to shake like crazy at idle. i did many things...including a head job and nothing worked...then i randomly changed my fuel injectors like 3 weeks ago...and boom all better....its kinda of expensive but it worked wonders for me. lost the shake got better acceleration and stuff.. so yea fuel injectors fixed it for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
also try changing the map sensor.. it can cause the rough idle.. as far as the battery problem, i dont know what to tell ya bro... good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
try to disassemble your throttle body and ISC valve and give them a good thorough cleaning as well.
And yes, bad ground points can cause those symptoms, too.
Just for laughs, check your motor mounts, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts