Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1992 toyota extended cab and thinking of using beltech drop spindles. one dealer in my area said it is not that great cause you will loose turning radius with the spindles, and he said the best thing to do is drop with the torsion bar. i really don't want to go that route cause the ride will be harsh. if there are anyone with the beltech drop spindles can you give me some comment on this. thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
go with drop spindles. our trucks already have small turning radiuses to boot. what happens when you install aftermarket drop spindles is that your offset gets lower making your tires rub just a little bit w/stock wheels and some aftermarket depending on the wheel's offset. but i still think drop spindles are more smoother than just dropping your truck with the existing torsion bars. the key to a more comfortable ride is quality shocks such as bilsteins,sway bars,lower profile bump stops f&r,drop leaf springs and aftermarket torsion bars.check www.4wheelparts.com and www.shox.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!! i got the belltech drop spindles and drop blocks with nitro active shocks. the ride is pretty good. better than stock. yes the tire does rub when making turns. i used the stock ones and it rubs and also with the aftermarket rims (18x9.5 all around +15 offset)

·
Registered
20 Posts
your rims are way too wide for that offset.are your fenderwalls tubbed?what size tire are you running?i have to see it to believe it!in my experiance i ran 18x7.5(+15 offset)with 225/40zr-18,no fenderwalls up front,rolled fenders rear and i still rubbed occasionally

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am using a 225/40zr/18 on a 18x9.5 5zigen fn01r-c hyper black the tires are steched so the tires clear the fender.the rear doesn't stick out at all. but the front the rim sticks out very little. when i push down on the truck the tire cambers in and the tire goes into the tucks under the fender walls. i had to remove the 10mm nut thats on the inner top fender wall. but it only rubs the fenderwell when i turn the wheels all the way.thanks

pat

·
Registered
20 Posts
that sounds right!!the 225 tire prevents you from rubbing the outer fenders.if you went any bigger with that offset you would be eating rubber!!!it's funny because when i ran the +15 setup w/a 18x7.5 rim i had more rubbing in the back.the only time i rubbed was when i hit a fat bump on the freeway and bottomed out on the top of the front inner fender wall.

what you should of done was got a higher offset so you could put like a 245...our trucks feel tough with wide tires...oh well if it works,it works and i'm pretty sure it looks tight as well.my truck always suprised when i put different rims on it.

your truck must look really good with those rims.i once was going to buy those for my truck because i had a sweet deal on them.but now i am in the process of selling my truck so i gotta say goodbye to the wheel parade for a little while!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts