Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i have 92 paseo and the block is shut i was wondering if my 1991 tercel block could replace the paseo broken one or i should find onother paseo block tnx anyting will help

·
Got a FC3S!
92 Paseo/90 RX7
1,455 Posts
tercel block will work, but youre better off with another paseo one
Yep, just so you don't have to worry about anything being different. I think they are 99% identical, maybe a sensor harness here or there different, but identical in every other way. This is assuming that you are going junkyard for the block. If getting a new short block it won't matter, because it won't have anything from an old SOHC set up on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey now i have a problem to get the block apart frome the hade wher can i get the tool to get them apart i tryed all stors and no one have the tool even the deler its a 9mm

·
Wonderbread
Toyota Tercel, AE86
1,721 Posts
toyota dealer will have it to buy, it is an oddball size bolt thats forsure

·
Got a FC3S!
92 Paseo/90 RX7
1,455 Posts
The infamous Toyota head bolt tool. It is a bi-hexagon (12 point) 8mm. If the head bolts have been taken out before and reused (which you shouldn't do) or worn a bit from trying to get them out with the wrong tool, you may have to use the 9mm version.

·
Got a FC3S!
92 Paseo/90 RX7
1,455 Posts

·
Wonderbread
Toyota Tercel, AE86
1,721 Posts
agreed the toyota head bolt tool is wayy better, its a bit extra but its worth it

·
Registered
Tercel
74 Posts
I had to remove the cylinder head on my 91 Tercel and didn't feel like paying $45 at a dealership for the part. So I found a JTC 1936 SST which fits the head bolts perfectly and worked absolutely great for getting them out. it cost me $21 shipped.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tnx for all the help what i ended up doing is i both the 10mm and slowly shaved it and made my salfe a 9mm only cost me 5 dolers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so now i have a new problem i got a new long block i put it in and started the car today it started and ran less then a minut and shut off what could be the problem could it be the timeing belt or i dint conect the engine with the transmishon the right way its automatic any help will be good tnx agen for all the help

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey so if i use tercel block i should get paseo pistons and other thing do i use the paseo head gasket or tercel

·
Registered
Tercel
74 Posts
hey so if i use tercel block i should get paseo pistons and other thing do i use the paseo head gasket or tercel
if you're using a 5efe head then I'm almost positive you have no choice but to use 5efe pistons and other parts...I think you can still use the 3e block though(i'm pretty sure its the same as a 5efe block). As far as the gasket goes I'd use the 5efe head gasket.....do your homework first and don't take my word as the end all.

Disclaimer: My advice is just that, nothing more. Please, Please, Please do your homework first and make sure everything is going to work. I claim no responsibility if my advice gets you killed, maimed or injured in anyway. Same goes for your car. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts