Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just picked up a 92 previa awd in good running condition. I also purchased another (not running) of the same year to take parts from before it hits the scrapyard. I have a short list of what i plan to salvage (brakes, light bulbs, interior panels etc.) based on the immediate needs of functional one.

Would anyone be able to provide a quick list of parts it would be advisable to pillage? I am thinking of parts that are liable to break in the future/difficult to obtain otherwise.

Thanks for your input!

Liam

·
Registered
97 Previa DX AWD; 97 4Runner 5 spd
505 Posts
You never know what might come in handy. I would keep the whole vehicle, and I have one in my yard. But if you must get rid of it I would grab driveshafts and door handles oil level sensor and harness and probably a lot more. I wouldn't bother with used bulbs, but I'd keep the lenses for everything but the headlights.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe the challenge is the arm rests between the front seat and rear captain's chair. The rear captain chair have two arm rests, one on each side. I am not sure how the backrest could possibly be used for the front seat? Perhaps by using only the cushion and the original seat cover for the front seat? Not sure, never looked into it.

And as far as the frame itself, I do not believe the frames for front and rear captain chairs are interchangeable.

·
Registered
97 Previa DX AWD; 97 4Runner 5 spd
505 Posts
I believe the challenge is the arm rests between the front seat and rear captain's chair. The rear captain chair have two arm rests, one on each side. I am not sure how the backrest could possibly be used for the front seat? Perhaps by using only the cushion and the original seat cover for the front seat? Not sure, never looked into it.

And as far as the frame itself, I do not believe the frames for front and rear captain chairs are interchangeable.
Armrests come off. I think you'd have to take the frame off the front and put it on the rear seat, but I don't know if they come off, and if they did, whether they would switch over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.