Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just put new brakes on my friends 92 corolla (front and rear). and when i went to bleed them, the pass rear drum was dumping fluid. so i took it apart again and the piston was leaking from the seals (small mystery hole). i picked up a new piston (or wheel cyclinder, whatever you wanna call it) and i tossed it in. i pumped up the brakes again and kablam! fluid everywhere. pulled the drum off and the rubber seal boot thing popped of the piston. so i put it back on and the same problem happened. i am going to pick up another cylinder today and hope that it was just a defective replacement part. but my question is...does anyone have any ideas as to what would cause this???? i dont want it to pop off while she is driving and then have the brakes not work.

G

·
more then likley a bad part. just make sure the e-brake works and she knows where the e-brake is and everything will be fine :)

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
that's very odd.... :confused:

I've done more than my share,,, and never had a new one leak, in fact enver had any real bad leaks with holes, just corossion,, in fact we used to use emery cloth on the old cast iron ones and that would clean and fix them, put them back together, an all new..

:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.