Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching the forum for information on the swap. Lots of good information obtained. I have located a 5EFE engine to use but need to know if any other changes or obstructions that I may run into. The car has a 5 speed trans is there any clutch / tranny issuies? Exhaust / fuel system issuies? Will the original ECU function with engine? Wiring problems? Installation advice and pointers appreciated, greatly!
Thanks for your help and input.

·
Turbo Bitch!!!
300 Posts
3E-E transmission will bolt up to the 5E.

You will want to use the 5E ECU. Probably going to need the 3E/5E harness if I remember correctly.

I'm never done this swap, so, go to www.tercelonline.com 's forum and use the search feature there. Plenty of people (I think less than 10) have done this particular swap.

·
Registered
238 Posts
the exhaust manifold used must be 5efe. you can use the 3ee ecu, ijectors and harness', but you will need to do a modification to the distributor. this info can be found at tercelonline.com as listed above, but you will need to thorough search of the site. i don';t remmber exactly what to do to the distributor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, this is a good start. It will keep me busy collecting the documentation.
Another two questions though, these JDM dealers Noyan and Nippon Motors are they safe and reputable people to work with? Are the motors in reasonable condition?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts