Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I have a 92 Toyota Camry / Scepter with 236,635 kms / 147,038 miles. Automatic Transmission.

Recently it has been losing power when driving so I have had to be using the "L" & "2" gears usually to get moving after taking off from lights and signs. But last night after driving for about 10 mins it stopped working ie: the power from the gears wasnt even there and it kind of shudders, so I stopped and restarted and made it home about 3mins away.

Today I left home and after 3mins of driving in kind of starts to shudder when slowing down and no gear gives power, so I stop the engine and restart again, then this cycle repeats. It seems to start fine but starts to shudder after a few minutes then the acceleration has no effect.

Also, the engine light was on so I checked the engine code with the diagnosis box but it flashes continuously meaning there is no problem - so why is on to begin with?

Anyway, as you can probably tell I dont really know abnything abvout cars and I would be very grateful if you could tell me what you think may be the problem

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts