Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello friends. nashville, tn here. i have a 92 that has a back glass that won't come up. it is all the way down. a little history- for about 8 months the galss has been going down fine but sometimes i would have to hit the rocker switch 5-15 times before the glass would go up. the rear switch acted the same way. now, i can hear a clicking in the window motor from both rocker and key switch but the window won't raise even after many many attempts. is this a track situation? motor? switch? if it helps- it's a 92 2WD, auto, V6. i could use any advice/opinions available. thanks, deano

·
1996 Toyota 4Runner 4X4
1996 Toyota 4Runner
45 Posts
try wiggleing the rear windshield wiper.. there is a trigger that wont let it come up if the wiper is out of place.

·
oh-pin-yun-A-ted
Pickup
1,407 Posts
CaseyG081288 said:
try wiggleing the rear windshield wiper.. there is a trigger that wont let it come up if the wiper is out of place.
i was gettin pissed one day when my wiper was down just a little and the window wouldnt roll down. i had the whole panel off and shit till i realized it was the wiper:lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
If your 92 is similar to my 94 which I think it is then you should check the following connections in the gate. There are connections for the two latches. If the latches are not closed the gate window will not operate. If the wiring is disconnected you will have the same problem. Additionally the lock on the gate has a switch. If the switch for the lock is not working correctly the window will not operate. Finally. The switch in the drivers door for all the windows must be enabled. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
your window problem

i hade the same problem so i took my gate apart their were 2 gears rubing which stops it from going up try wedgeing them apart good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts