Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 4runner 3vze with about 260,000 miles that has no spark on cylinder 6 most of the time. It will only start if i am pushing the gas pedal and runs rough most of the time. It will periodically start sparking again after running for a while. and then again no spark when i pull the wire from the distributor. I have periodically smelled gas in the truck while driving.

I did the timing belt and water pump a few months ago and it ran fine after that until about a month ago.

I just replaced the pcv valve and valve cover gaskets after i saw a small waterfall of oil dump from the passenger side gasket after just starting the truck. Also because i found a significant amount of oil in the throttle body and air intake pipe

Ive replaced the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor with no change.

I replaced the fuel pump and filter about 9 moths ago.

not sure what i should check next and in what order. Any help would be greatly appreciated. also not sure what other information to provide.

·
13,468 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

How good are yer grounds? Have you inspected the ignitor? Another thing to check would be the crankshaft or camshaft sensors and wiring harness associated with those sensors. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome. I have not checked the grounds and the wiring looks like something out of a horror movie above the inlet and to the injectors. I was literally shocked when I touched the ignitor so I will have to look into that. I am going to order a distributor and install it anyway so that should cover the crankshaft sensor. Thank you for pointing me in a direction. I am working on learning the electrical aspects of working in this truck. I will let you know what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts