Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea who has performance, exterior and suspnsion mods for these year Corollas ie CAI's, Turbo set-ups, Strut Tower & Sway Bars, Short Shifters etc? I forget what engine codes are with these year rollas? 5a-fe, 7a-fe and what else? Thanks in advance!

DOTMREP

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
Don't think many people have turbo setups for this year. I would like to, but my '94 engine has 140,000 miles on it, and I don't think it would last long, even with very low psi. I have a strut bar and suck-ass short ram air intake right now, and a hi-flow cat converter. Hopefully gonna make that short ram a CAI soon.

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, movin the battery for the cai or not?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The 93-97 Corolla comes with a CAI stock. There are three points of intake: 1)under the hood off to the side by the airbox 2) two small pipes on either side of the bumper grille (these are CAI)

If your engine is basically stock, the stock intake pulls enough and it is unlikely that you will get more power from slapping a CAI in unless you have done some major mods.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
dotmrep said:
Any idea who has performance, exterior and suspnsion mods for these year Corollas ie CAI's, Turbo set-ups, Strut Tower & Sway Bars, Short Shifters etc? I forget what engine codes are with these year rollas? 5a-fe, 7a-fe and what else? Thanks in advance!

DOTMREP
20 Valve :D

As for the engine numbers, the USDM rollas came with the 4A-FE and 7A-FE. The Euro 'rollas also came with the option of a diesel (unsure of the model) and the Paeso 1.3L 5E-FE. The JDM 'rollas came with the 4A-GE Silvertop and the Supercharged 4A-GZE, as well as the FE's (both 1.6 & 1.8)

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
Dotmrep: I'm going to try and make the CAI without moving the battery. I put a lot of research and thought into it, and I'd rather keep my battery where it is. I'm going to use the filter and pipe from my short ram intake and use other piping to make the cai. The piping I'm using is 3", so I think I'm going to have to enlarge the whole through the wheel well for the pipe to fit. The CAI is worth it for me because I have a new fi-flow cat, and soon I'm going to be getting headers, cat-back exhaust, and a few other mods, such as port and polishing.

Ukrainian... I would argue that the stock box isn't exactly what I would call a CAI, more of a ram air intake. Although it's pretty much the same, to me a CAI has to have the filter located outside of the engine bay. I know it doesn't matter, but that makes it seem worth it to me to make a custom CAI :lol:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
If you're gonna make a CAI by no means let me stop you. I think it's a cool project myself, just not worth the time in my opinion. It will look and maybe even perform nicer than the stock box.

As far as not relocating the battery, why not? Is it just cause it's a huge bother or is the some other reason?

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ukrainian102 said:
That guy is such a ricer. He has a CAI (which is set up pretty nice) and some spark plug wires. :lol:

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ostornadoe

Keep me updated on that an any other mods for that year series, I'll gladly support any purchases needed for items that will be useful for that rolla.

Spud'

Yeah, I knew about the A series engines, thanks. I wanted to make sure there wasent any other ones.

DOTMREP

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Question,

Are Prizms along the same format as a Corolla. I saw a 97 Geo PRism and a 97 Corolla side by side and they are very similar. I know many vehicles have other counter parts..ie mitsubishi, eagle, plymouth, mazda, ford. If so, then its conceivable to say that all Corolla swaps could work on Prizms...like Tercels and ?Paseos etc. Thanks in advance.

DOTMREP

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
They're almost exactly the same. Prizms were made in the same factory as Corollas, and they have many of the same parts. Obviously the logos are different, and I think there is just a little difference with the body style of the front bumpers, but I'm not positive. If you look on geo prizms from that year, you can find a lot of parts that say Toyota on them :D

Battery relocation: The only place available for the battery for me is in the trunk, and to have it there I would either need a sealed box, or a new battery that was a dry cell... I just bought a new battery this summer because my other one died, so I don't want to buy a new battery. The reason I couldn't just stick this one in the trunk is because of the fumes or chemicals it produces.
Also, that shift a little of the weight from the front to the rear, and since the car is FWD, the weight transfer might make a tiny difference with grip. (Not really a reason, just a possible tiny benefit from leaving it there) The wiring wouldn't have been too hard, and I like wiring things, but mainly because of the battery I have, I didn't want to move it. Also, there won't be much space in my trunk once I finally get some sub boxes so I can put my subs in.

I'll keep you updated once I get the CAI made, but it could be a while, I'm still looking for a place to get cheap 3" piping and couplers. If you know of a good place, let me know. Thanks.

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet. Thats good to know. I might cop the 94 Prizm since my deal with the corolla fell thru.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.